K Street Walking Tour
Around three years ago the City’s Redevelopment Agency, in the spirit of acting as a catalyst for development, acquired all properties on the south of the 700 Block of K Street and several properties on the 800 block. Fast-forward to February 2010. Four development teams submitted transformative mixed-use project concepts to the City in a competitive bid process for the opportunity to redevelop three sites along the 700 and 800 blocks of K and L streets.
APA Sac Valley Section YPG invites the Emerging Professional’s Group of the American Society of Landscape Architects Sierra Chapter (ASLA EPG) to come along as we tour K Street and find out who the City selected to develop the 700 and 800 blocks and what types of uses are planned within the projects! Are you curious about the “cars on K initiative”? As part of the tour, you’ll find out what’s up with that as well! And at the end of the tour, stick around and network with your colleagues at the new “mermaid” Dive Bar.
- Wednesday, March 30th
Program Schedule (5:30pm-7:30pm)
- 5:30pm – Meet at 7th and K Street (St. Rose of Lima Park)
- 5:45-6:45pm - Interactive walking tour of K Street
- 6:45-7:30pm – No host networking mixer at Dive Bar (1022 K Street)
- Denise Malvetti, Sacramento Economic Development Department
- Beth Tincher, Sacramento Economic Development Department